What are the benefits to using a Thermo Materials® reflective coating on your building?
Thermo Materials® reflective roof coatings (fluid-applied membrane systems) cool and protect the roof surface. Benefits of a reflective roof coating include:
- Reduces the temperature inside the building it covers by 5-15 degrees.
- Reduces the roof surface temperature by 20-60 degrees.
- Increases the effective “R” value of insulation.
- Increases the efficiency of HVAC units.
- Saves on the cost of air conditioning resulting in lower energy costs overall of your building by reducing your peak electrical demand level.
- Creates a more comfortable environment in areas where there is no air conditioning.
- Slows premature aging of a roof due to high surface temperatures and UV degradation.
- Results in reduced respiratory health risks and the risk of heat-related deaths, especially in a “Heat Island” area.
- Are environmentally friendly (“green”).
- Reduces landfill materials – at least 10% of landfill waste is made up of roofing materials.
- Saves energy, both for the building owner, and for the utility supplier.
- Reduces the carbon footprint of the building by reducing the CO2 emissions.
- Minimizes the environmental burden.
Thermolastic® Coating Solutions
Thermo Manufacturing provides high performance Thermolastic® reflective coatings for a wide range of roof surfaces, including metal, BUR, modified bitumen, SPF and single-ply roofing such as EPDM, PVC and Hypalon. Wall surfaces such as wood, concrete, brick, stucco and EIFS may also be restored using Thermolastic® coatings. Stain resistant, waterproofing and reflective, our fluid-applied membranes deliver. Our Thermolastic® product line includes:
- Thermolastic® Solar Shield®
- Thermolastic® Super Prep®
- Thermolastic® Sun Stop®
- Thermolastic® Sun Stop®Wall Plus
- Thermolastic® Sun Stop® Wall
Thermolene® Coating Solutions
Thermolene® roof coatings are an elastomeric, single component block co-polymer reflective fluid-applied membrane. Our Thermolene® family of products may be applied on metal, SPF, EPDM, Hypalon, TPO, PVC and modified bitumen. Our Thermolene® product line includes:
- Thermolene® SEBS Reflective
- Thermolene® SEBS Lo-VOC Reflective
- Thermolene® SEBS Stainblocker
- Thermolene® SEBS Reflective Metallic Color
- Thermolene® SEBS Clear
Thermocone Coating Solutions
Our Thermocone products are premium single component moisture-curing silicone reflective coatings. The Thermocone product line includes:
- Thermocone THS