CONSULTANTS, ARCHITECTS, ENGINEERS
What are the benefits to using a Thermo Materials® fluid-applied membrane system?
Building Consultants, Architects and Engineers can specify a simple, green, sustainable solution that saves building owners and facility managers money, eases installation for contractors and satisfies Title 24 and LEED requirements.
A Thermo Materials® fluid-applied membrane system (reflective roof coating) cools and protects the roof surface. Benefits of a fluid-applied reflective membrane system include:
- Reduces the carbon footprint of the building by reducing the CO2 emissions.
- Are environmentally friendly (“green”).
- Minimizes the environmental burden.
- Results in reduced respiratory health risks and the risk of heat-related deaths, especially in a “Heat Island” area.
- Slows premature aging of a roof due to high surface temperatures and UV degradation.
- Reduces landfill materials – at least 10% of landfill waste is made up of roofing materials.
- Saves on the cost of air conditioning resulting in lower energy costs overall of the building by reducing the peak electrical demand level.
- Increases the effective “R” value of insulation.
- Reduces the temperature inside the building it covers by 5-15 degrees.
- Reduces the roof surface temperature by 20-60 degrees.
- Creates a more comfortable environment in areas where there is no air conditioning.
- Increases the efficiency of HVAC units.
- Saves energy, both for the building owner, and for the utility supplier.
Reasons to use Thermo Materials® on your next project:
- Thermo Materials® are formulated to last longer than most other coating restoration systems in the industry.
- Thermo conforms to the guidelines set forth by the EPA and DOE under the Energy Star program.
- In addition to Energy Star, Thermo liquid restoration products have approvals from UL and Miami-Dade County, and are listed with Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC).
- Thermo Materials® systems add less than one pound per square foot, so the roof’s integrity remains sound.
- Since 1948, Thermo has been providing solutions for difficult roofing conditions.
- Virtual 24 hour support via our website providing technical documents, specifications and scope of work detail for each system.
- Dedicated project and product support from our Texas headquarters.
- Standard product warranty and system warranties up to 20 years depending on substrate.